Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Ww1 diary entries

 Hi hello this is my writing this has been fun and i have learnt a lot about world war one and i hope you like my diary of a solider in WW1 




                                HERE IT IS 


                    WW1


August.3.1915 


This will be my first time writing in my diary. New troops are coming and we are exhausted. We are just waiting for new troops before we launch another attack. The shooting has calmed down a bit and I can write in my diary for the first time. The new recruits are coming and they are taking their time.


Diary of Bobby



August.9.1915


The new recruits are here and we are ready. We are about to launch an attack on Chunuk Bair to claim the hill.


Diary of Bobby



August.23.1915


Things are not going according to plan. We were falling like crumbs from biscuits. Anyway got to go, we are falling fast and I'm not safe here for long. I have to keep moving, bye. 


Diary of Bobby


August.25.1915 


Finally after lots of blood loss we have got to the top and have secured Chunuk bair. We are now equal warriors, we are not falling like rain, we are equal and we are now firing at the turkish. Anyway we have many hostages to interrogate. We hope that they will tell us the information we need but so far they are not listening. 


August.31.1915


Chunuk bair is a good place to be. There is not that much fire now but a couple of hours ago I got hit by a bullet. My arm is hurting badly and my throat is dying because of the smoke. The fire is starting to pick up. There was a grenade thrown in it  hit me perfectly so yeah I feel like I am going to collapse. And I was shot by a bullet in the hand and I had to cut it off because of an infection so yeah it's rough but we have to get through it. 




November.2.1915


I have returned from lemos island and it is hectic. Many people are dying left right and centre and I watched Jimmy get shot in the eye. I have been to alot of places in Gallipoli . It's now winter and this is not good. I'm getting paralyzed by the cold winter wind and I have been getting shot everywhere right now. It is not that bad not many bullets are being fired. last night it was bad. Many people died last night and winter hit so bad no one wants to fight because of the paralyzing cold. 



November.5.1915


Once we returned from lemos island the fire was down and bodys were everywhere turks where in their trenches there was snow everywhere and there was blood in the snow. I called it red snow and I started to hear rumors about an escape. No one wanted to leave but we had been battling for months and there was no progress in the battle. No side wanted to back down but there was no progress. So then some of us launched one final attack to get the turks to leave but not many came out of their trenches; they were just gonna wait till we left. 



November.17.1915


I have not written in my diary in a very long time because I got very bad sickness so yeah i have to go i'm too sick to keep fighting right now so i have to go. 



November.24.1915


I'm ready to go and fight again. It will be hard but we are trying to get the turks out but we are all getting sick and we are going to go back home without the turks knowing. 


November.30.1915


It is mostly over. The turks are still fighting but slowly we are evacuating so this will probably be my last time writing in my diary so right now the turks are firing hard and we are going to leave so bye. 







                                                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post